threezero, founded by Kim Fung Wong, is one of the original producers of the Hong Kong designer figure style. The company is recognized by their iconic gasmask logo (designed by Michael Lau) and known for their many iterations of street-smart vinyl figures. Designers whose figures have been produced by threezero include Michael Lau, Jason Siu, and Elphonso Lam.
threezero began by producing 12” figures in special forces uniforms around the year 2000, and pioneered the production of diecast weapons and accessories for these figures. threezero has since extended their toy ranges from 12” figures to designer vinyl collectibles.
In 2008, threezero partnered with Ashley Wood to launch the threeA brand, which received positive reception recognized worldwide for Ashley Wood’s achievements in design and threezero’s excellence in production quality. In 2013, threezero began expanding its product line with a focus on officially licensed properties. The threezero mission statement is to work with leading property owners to develop high-quality and detail-oriented collectible figures based on characters and designs from unique intellectual properties from pop-culture around the world.
Recent Sales & Announcements
- threezeroX is a new high-end product line from threezero in which “X” means “crossover.” This product line will launch products that work with different renown artists around the world. Unlike ordinary action figures, threezeroX figures are redesigned by artists according to their own unique style. Compared to previous products, they are more artistic by nature and design. The first artist to collaborate with threezeroX is the well-known Japanese sculptor, Ryu Oyama.
- In 2019, threezero will launch a new robot toy series “ROBO-DOU,” which will primarily be based on mecha from Japanese anime properties. This series will focus on smaller-sized figures with friendly price points. By partially utilizing diecast zinc alloy, it not only realizes a high range of articulation, but also provides satisfying weight and tactile value. In addition to the fine paint application that threezero is known for, the “ROBO-DOU” series will be redefining robot and mecha action figures!
- In December 2018, threeA launched the new “DLX” series of Transformers Bumblebee, and “DLX” Transformers became the must-have collection among the fans. The “DLX” line focuses on figures in smaller scale with high-fidelity production value. With its unique metal frame design, it not only provides a high range of articulation, but also greatly enhances the weight and durability. Together with the detailed paint application of threezero, a high-quality resemblance is achieved in matching the characters as seen in the characters’ original media.
- “Premium” is the most high-end collectible series of the threeA and threezero brand. Since 2012, it has been widely praised by fans and among the toy industry. The “Premium” series is famous for its large scale to present the finest detail work from our specially trained engineers and designers, featuring nearly 100 points of articulation. The products are finished with threezero’s top-quality multi-layered weathering effect (MWE) to accurately represent the characters. The newest products are upgraded to feature metal framework and ratchet joints, which greatly enhances the performance of the joint structures to provide outstanding articulation.
- Collaboration with original Gundam (ガンダム) designer Kunio Okawara (大河原邦男), and Chinese and Hong Kong artists Zhao Dao, Huang Jia-Wei, Kenny Wong, and Steven Choi.
- Reimagining classic mecha such as Ken Ishikawa’s Getter Robo, Go Nagai’s Mazinger Z, and redesigning the mechanical life-forms from Takara-Tomy’s Zoids franchise.
- Characters from anime and manga titles such as Rebuild of Evangelion (ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版), Mobile Police Patlabor (機動警察パトレイバー), ULTRAMAN (ウルトラマン), One-Punch Man (ワンパンマン), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (鋼の錬金術師 FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST), Kentaro Miura’s (三浦 建太郎) internationally acclaimed Berserk (ベルセルク), and Q Hayashida’s (林田 球) cult-classic Dorohedoro (ドロヘドロ).
- Figures and mechs from the Fallout, Destiny, Anthem, BioShock, Titanfall, Dead Space, and Mass Effect video game franchises.
- Designing and producing collectible figures based on characters from television dramas such as HBO’s Game of Thrones, AMC’s The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and FOX’s X-Files.
- Collectibles from films such as Transformers, RoboCop, The Matrix, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Ghost in the Shell, The Great Wall (長城), Rambo, The Terminator, and Tales of Wukong (悟空傳).
- threezero Horror Movie Heritage brand featuring horror movie icons such as Leatherface, Michael Myers, Pinhead, and more.